13262538

My son has been accused of saying something to his 15 daughter.

My son has been accused of saying something to his 15 daughter. His wife says she doesn't believe it but why would daughter lie. She has taken kids (5) off to her mothers house and won't let him see youngest without her being there. It's a she says, he denies situation. It's being treated as if he'd physically abused ( which daughter agrees he never has) and he's in bits. Social services have been informed, interviewed child and will be contacting him on monday(according to wife) The 15 yr old has cerebral palsy, is very immature for her age, and has been known to lie/exaggerate things and once fixates on something it becomes real in her mind . What are his legal rights in this?
Are you asking for criminal advice or social services?
I can help with the criminal aspect but wouldn't know anything about social services.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know really. I want to know if he should be taking expert advice on the situation instead of just waiting for them to make the next move and making him feel he is guilty of something when he isn't other than maybe something he said in anger being misconstrued. We're talking words not abuse but has been blown up to the degree when divorce might be next step. He loves his kids and has never been away from them. That probably means social services I guess.
Who ? Social services or the police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Social services
What is he meant to have said (the gist will do)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yummy 15, your boobs turn me on, I could suck those
Not the sort of words that would ever come out of his mouth!
Who did the child tell that he had said this?
Are he and his wife on good terms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's hard to put all in context for you to understand without going into more detail. She told her mother who immediately took her side without question despite knowing what she's like.
They have been having some marital problems mainly caused by money being so tight.
Might his wife be using that as a reason to end the marriage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thought the same but don't think even she would do it in this way. She's hard enough to just come right out with wanting to part as she did it with first husband (and ran off with his kids). She also knows well what a drama queen daughter is and how she exaggerates . She wouldn't have anything to do with step granddad ( mothers husband:) a while back because he made her get into strangers car with him. He was feeling unwell and was kindly offered lift home. You would have thought he was selling her to white slavers the way she went on! She hated him and was never going there again. It took months for her to settle - and now she's staying there!
At this stage there is a limit to what your poor son can do as Social Services will have to complete the investigation.
It may be that Social Services will wish to conduct a longer investigation in which case your son may wish to consider moving out of the house so that the children can return home during the process.
If they do not take the matter further then much will depend on his wife's action s- but realistically it is the wife and children who shoudl be in the property
He can get support here
http://www.frg.org.uk/
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.