31090051

Hi,i am power of attorney for my 81 year old mum.She is suffering

Hi,i am power of attorney for my 81 year old mum.She is suffering with dementure,recently my vehicle that i use for her broke dow and is deemed to be beyond repair. I spoke to one of your expert colleges via this site and asked if it would be in order to source a replacement vehicle from her funds to use for her. He told me that it would be fine to do so ,but i have one more question. What would you feel is the correct amount to spend on the said vehicle?. My mother is a wealthy woman,but i dont want to waste her money.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
There is no law on this other than the duty of you as the attorney to act in a reasonable manner and in th best interests of your mother.
You would not be critisised if you bought a new vehicle that was similar to the one that no longer works assuming it is big enough and comfortable enough to get your mother in and out of. Or if you felt that a bigger vehicle was required to accommodate her needs you could do that. You overriding duty is to act reasonably in the circumstances.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.