13262538

I have a case management conference coming up I and a disability

Customer Question

I have a case management conference coming up
I and a disability rights advocate have done all the work and case ourselves. But need some a legal presence for assistance/support at the conference
I wish to ask a local solicitor to be present.
He has experience in this area
He also has experience of no win/no fee litigation
and he has experience as mediation.
I would like to ask him to be present to again add weight. that there is a softer option.
The other side has defaulted on so many things, the guilt and ommisions are there. Instead of dragging it out on some suprious new line they will bring up I would hope the presence of this solicitor would presuade them to wrap it up and find a solution
How can I draft a letter/email asking this solicitor/lawyer to be present?
Most of it is done, just need his weight and experience to press the other side for a better solution.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we are here again, that there is pressing time and no expert. I pay regular monthly subscription for lawyers who cannot give the right advice, who are out of date or do not give any advice beyond the minimum. get some better experts

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Matt Jones replied 2 years ago.
Hi can I just check,

Are you looking to locate a local solicitor to attend the hearing?
have you already discussed the case with this solicitor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. I need a solicitor, got it so far as all solicitors would not represent me due to my disability. (lot of disability discrimination from both landlord and legal system)

I now can go further forward and hearing is to deal with lots of things including allocation

I have a known disability barrister who says I need to find a solicitor, then the solicitor can direct her.

I understand this, but need to draft a letter to a prospective solicitos asking to engage him/her.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I understand this, but need to draft a letter to a prospective solicitor asking to engage him/her.

You are better of telephoning them rather than writing - phone and make an Appointment - then take all the paperwork in with you and explain what you need.
An alternative would be to find a Direct Access Barrister who will take instructions directly from you
http://www.barcouncil.org.uk/instructing-a-barrister/public-access/
This would possibly be a better option than paying a solicitor AND a Barrister
Please ask if you need further details