tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

We had a current account with a £25 per monthly fee for which

We had a current account with a £25 per monthly fee for which we were supposed to be covered for various things including redundancy and our boiler failing when I was made redundant in 2000 they I wasn't covered only the main bread winner, who said my husband was the main bread winner we both worked full-time no-one told me at the time, then when our boiler failed in the summer they said it wasn't covered because we didn't need heating in the summer! I told her it was a combination boiler and it was the only way to heat water
for baths and showers and washing up! I was so angry I didn't pursue it
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for your question. My name is***** can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

Did you make a complaint to the insurer?

Customer:

No I have only just realised what a lousy service our bank provided us with

tdlawyer :

Okay.

tdlawyer :

Then the first thing to do is to complain to the bank and/or the insurnce company directly.

tdlawyer :

You should ask them for the level of cover that you're entitled to and for compensation for what has happened so far.

Customer:

Should I do this physically, telephone call or in writing?

tdlawyer :

Always do things like this in writing - if you ever have to prove what you did and when, it's so much easier then.

Customer:

Any ideas how I should start?

tdlawyer :

Don't worry about doing things in a certain way, you don't have to be a lawyer or do anything too special. Just a letter to them setting out the background and the basis of your complain, as you have done one this site, but obviously in more detail. Set out your policy number and the key chronology. Then say what it is you're unhappy about.

tdlawyer :

Tell them what you want to get from all of this.

Customer:

Thankyou