tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

hello I found my personal information I mean the address on

hello
I found my personal information I mean the address on 192.com, etc. and also I found a page finder monkey on of which can be found addresses and phone numbers. What is to prevent my personal data before such sites and third-person access
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
tdlawyer :

Hello, many thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this.

Customer:

hello

Customer:

tdlawyer :

The information that you have found is commonly available through the electoral roll in local libraries. The services that you mention are simply electronic versions of that. However, I do know that they offer the opportunity to have your information removed from them if you wish to opt out.

tdlawyer :

But there is no easy way to prevent others from taking information from the electoral roll in future.

tdlawyer :

It is only limited information like that, such as name and address, which is publicly available anyway that would appear in these kinds of databases.

Customer:

and what with such parties as finder monkey?

tdlawyer :

You can write to them and request that they remove your personal data from their website.

tdlawyer :

You can do so on the basis that you have not consented to thenm retaining the data, and that they should only retaining the purpose of processing for a legitimate reason.

tdlawyer :

If you have any difficulties with this, you can make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner's office.

tdlawyer :

The ICO website link is here: http://ico.org.uk/

Customer:

if i wish to opt out in electoral roll

Customer:

they can put my data in the future again

tdlawyer :

You can;t opt out of the electoral role itself - it's mandatory.

Customer:

I had in mind lest my personal data be provided on the website 192.com

Customer:

i now is mandatory but how i can protect my personal details before placing it on 192.com

tdlawyer :

The 192.com side of things is easily dealt with - you just need to drop them an email to confirm that you do not want to be included. They will no longer include you then.

Customer:

how i can contact with finder monkey? by email or should I call them?

tdlawyer :

You should be able to do it by email, it's always best to do this because you have a formal record then. Their address/contact details are here: http://www.findermonkey.co.uk/contact-us

tdlawyer :

Does this answer your question this evening?

tdlawyer :

If this does answer your question, please do remember to rate the answer as highly as you can for me.

tdlawyer :

If you'd like to know anything further, just let me know.

Customer:

ok thanks

tdlawyer :

Is there anything more you want to ask me?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

Could you write me what I should write i mean email to finder monkey To remove my personal information from their site

tdlawyer :

Well, you'd just do something fairly basic, you don't have to cite legal authorities etc., as "normal" people don't do that. Only lawyers do things like that! So, something like this:

tdlawyer :

Dear sirs

tdlawyer :

It has come to my attention that your site contains personal data about me which is accessible to all on the internet.

tdlawyer :

I am unhappy about this and would like any records retained by you pertaining to me to be removed immediately please. I understand you have no reason to retain this data and you do not have my consent to do so.

tdlawyer :

Please confirm that all data relating to me has been removed.

tdlawyer :

tdlawyer :

xxxxxxxx

tdlawyer :

How about that?

Customer:

sound perfect

tdlawyer :

Great :)

tdlawyer :

Can I check that you're happy with my service this evening then please?

Customer:

its there any more websites like finder monkey

Customer:

This is my last question

tdlawyer :

I'm sure there probably are, but I'm afraid I don't know which they are. The internet is a big place :)

Customer:

true

Customer:

ok thanks for your time

tdlawyer :

You're welcome - have yourself a good evening.