75100385

I was caught speeding in January this year and filled in the

I was caught speeding in January this year and filled in the appropriate form accepting the decision to fine me £100.The cheque was returned and I was informed that my licence had been revoked as I had reported to the DVLA in 2006 that I suffered a minor strioke that affected the sight in my left eye! After a period of 8 months I was declared fit to drive by my consultant! I did not, however , inform the DVLA of this as I assumed that this would be done by the Hospital! During the intervening 8 years I had occasion to send my licence off to the DVLA on at least 2 occasions and it was returned to me without any problem, thus confirming my belief that they had been informed by my consultant! After many months of trying to secure a new licence I was granted one in July, by which time the matter had been referred to court! I was asked to fill in the appropriate form which I have, pleaded guilty of the charge, and written a letter in mitigation of why my licence was revoked and how long it took to get another one! On the form it asks for me to detail my assets which I feel is an imposition rather than a necessary requirement. Do I really need to fill this section in? I will gladly pay any costs etc to the court, but hopefully they will understand how hard I have tried to aquire my new licence.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Yes you have to fill in the details of your assets.

Alex Watts :

This is because your level of fine is linked to your income etc.

Alex Watts :

So yes you are required to fill in that section.

Alex Watts :

You will also see at the bottom where you sign the statement of truth it says that false information can lead to further conviction etc

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thank you Alex! In your experience what would you reckon to be the amount I will be required to pay! I am a retired teacher on a Full teaching pension!

Alex Watts :

It really depends. It will either be 50% or 100% of what you earn in a week.

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?