75100385

Hi We are experiencing problems with two of our neighbours

We are experiencing problems with two of our neighbours mother and daughter who live in separate properties. We live in a shared courtyard and are all directors within our development. The daughter got upset at our AGM because there were parking issues and as secretary my partner had to raise it and she walked out, since then she has been rude in as much as ignoring us which although is annoying we chose to remain open to communication. Then the mother put in for planning permission which we were one of three who objected and again singled out for the silent treatment [it was refused] It has now got so out of hand and is causing us so much stress we are moving house Thursday.
The problem started when earlier this year the daughter had the police pay us a visit accusing us of harrasement because my partner said hello to the mother who's husband had just passed away and she got very verbal so he walked away. The police found the whole thing ridiculous and said to just ignore them. This Friday just gone the daughter was in the courtyard and as we are due to leave my partner shouted over a friendly hello
and low and behold last night Sunday the police arrived again. How do we stand legally?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

There is no easy fix I am afraid.

Alex Watts :

People do not get on with neighbours all the time

Alex Watts :

If they call the Police every time the Police can prosecute them for wasting Police time

Alex Watts :

But legally is there anything you can do - sadly not

Alex Watts :

You can't stop someone calling the Police and you can not stop someone giving you the silent treatment

Alex Watts :

In law there is nothing you can do

Alex Watts :

But of course don't rise to them - continue to be polite if you wish

Alex Watts :

Or you may consider not talking to avoid any confrontation to be the best course of action

Alex Watts :

But sadly in law there is nothing you can do

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :