Hi I recently had a website built for me. Orginally I wanted two websites and was quoted £300 for the smaller one and £1000 for the larger. In the quotation there was no indication that either site price was dependant on the other being built. I had paid an original amount of £468 (as VAT was to be added to these sites) and when my small site was near completion they asked for a further payment of £500 towards the start of the larger ecommerce site. I have however. decided that I wish the larger of the sites to be built by another web designer and requested the £668 pounds to be refunded. The company said they woudl not refund the money as my website had ened up larger than agreed. As a gesture of goodwill I said I would pay an increased amount of £600 for this site and asked for the £368 to be refunded but they are refusing to make any refund to me. At no point during the construction of the initial website did they give me a reviewed quote and indeed nothing after it had been constructed. They have advised me only when I wanted to have my other website built eslewhere that they will not refund me any money. Surely the can not bill be for an increased amount after the event and without prior agreement by me ? I would like to know how to proceed legally to have my money refunded ? Kind regards ***** *****
They said they were charging more as the website was bigger than originally agreed. However, they would have been aware of this during construction and when it was completed. At no point did they advise me of any increased amount. My website had been completed for well over a month and when I said I would have my otehr website built eslewhere they have sinced refused to refund my money.
Yes , I wish to use another company for the other website and they are refusing to reimburse me for the monies I had advanced to them.
I received a quote for the smaller site £300
I also recceived a quote for the larger site £1000. I intended to have both sites built with the same company but was not overly happy with the small site. I had already advanced them payment for the larger site and have decided I do not want to go ahead . Therefore they have recieved payment of £968 from me so far and as the small site was £300 I should have the monies refunded . I did offer a payment of £600 for the small site as it had turned out to be somewhat larger , however, I am not prepared to pay £968 for a site that was originally quoted as £300. I think that is quite simple to follow , so unsure as to why you have been unable to answer my question ???
I am still waiting on your answer !!!!