13262538

Hi, can my ex husband stop my kids from seeing my new partner.

can my ex husband stop my kids from seeing my new partner. He is on the sex offenders register (nothing to do with children). The decree nisi comes through this week.
thankyou for your help.
How old are the children and what was the nature of the offence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

The children are 10, 8 and 7

The offence was a mobile phone thrown in a bin in the unisex toilet. He was accused of videoing a lady on the loo. His solicitor advised him to plead guilty to avoid prison.

Your ex can certainly apply to the court for an Order preventing your new partner from having contact with the children
I am afraid that there is a very good chance that he will be successful unless and until there has been a full risk assessment by Social Services
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Clare,

Thankyou for your reply. The incident was 3 years ago. Should I instigate a full risk assessment by social services myself? Or is this something that would be done automatically if my ex decides to apply for a court order? Thankyou

That is a hard question - it certainly will be triggered if your ex applies to the court - or reports you to Social Services.
However voluntarily inviting Social Services into your life is never an easy ride either - so I am afraid that has to be your call