UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My British Passport expires on 28 May 2015. It will be valid

My British Passport expires on 28 May 2015. It will be valid for my proposed trip to Bali 30/31 Oct as I will have 7 months on it (Bali requires 6 months). However, regarding re-entry into the UK, providing I arrive back in the UK on 28th November, which I presume is considered 6 months before the expiry date of 28th May 2015(?) would my assumption be correct, ie this is deemed to be six months? I am told that sometimes, for passport purposes, days drop off.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
The 6 months requirement is to be met upon arrival in Bali, you do not need to worry how many days are left when you exit Bali as long as it is within the 30 days visa issued on arrival.
So, you have nothing to worry about if you intend to leave Bali on 28 th November.
All the best