12826847

some of my friend was quoted practicing teeth whitening and

some of my friend was quoted practicing teeth whitening and he is not dentist registered with gdc , he received court letter for his act
what will the court say
is teeth whitening crime offence ,
is he will get crime record
how much fine will pay
do you recommend him to attend court
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

some of my friend was practicing laser teeth whitening illegally and he is not dentist registered with gdc , he received court letter for his act

what the court will say for this act
is teeth whitening crime offence ,
is he will get crime record for his act
how much fine will pay
do you recommend him to attend court

Optional Information:
System of Law: England-and-Wales

What does the court letter say?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

court's letter says

you are hereby summoned to appear on 19 auquest 2014 at 10 am before the magistrates court sitting at city of london to answer the following information laid by katie spears ,barrister on behalf of the general dental council

alleged offences

charge1

on 7 january 2014 s .hatub who is not a registered dentist or dental care professional , did unlawfully practice dentistry , namely tooth whitening , at glamour 335 high houlborn wc17 x

contrary to section 38 (1) and (2) of the dentist act 1984

charge 2

on 11 june 2014 s hatub who is not a registered denist or dental care professional , did unlawfully practice dentistry , namely tooth whitening , at glamour 335 high houlborn wc17 x

charge 2

on 11 june 2014 s hatub who is not a registered denist or dental care professional , did unlawfully practice dentistry , namely tooth whitening , at glamour smile clinic 335 high houlborn wc17 x

contrary to session 38 (1) and (2) of the dentist act 1984.

Does he have any defence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

On your specific points
1-Teeth whitening is not a crime if done by a dentist but the issue here is that tooth whitening is the practice of dentistry and I presume he is not qualified.
2-yes I'm afraid that this does carry a criminal record
3-that rather depends upon his means and circumstances and the amount of profit that he has made. However, I'm afraid it is likely to be substantial and to prohibit this kind of conduct.
4-yes he really must attend court in this circumstance to present his case. Apart from anything else the council of dentistry might accept a plea to some offences and not others which would improve his position.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are you sure is crime because , my friend told me the person from gdc , told him is not crime , but you will be fined .

and i have looked in gsd website,court fined the person but did give him crime record have look to link please

http://www.gdc-uk.org/Newsandpublications/Pressreleases/Pages/Court-imposes-fine-for-illegal-tooth-whitening-.aspx

Yes, it is a crime.
That is why courts can impose a fine.
That person was given a criminal record. If the Magistrates fine a person then they have given them a criminal record.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you last question how long takes to clear this crime record .

You never lose a criminal record.
It will always show on enhanced but drop off basic and standard checing after one year.