12826847

Hi there. Bought an item thru eBay but paid thru money transfer

Customer Question

Hi there. Bought an item thru eBay but paid thru money transfer (direct debit) It's been 11days since I paid for it and no sign of the item I bought. I was threaten that if I won't paid the full amounts court case will be open against my name.
I have tried to pay thru PayPal using my credit card but he refunded my full payment as he wants to be paid thru money transfer which in the end thru exchanging of emails I paid the full amount of £2257.00.
Got all his details. Complete name. Landline. Address. And account number.
Desperate now for help.
Toni

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just want my money back since the item is not receive at all after 11 days post payment
Is he UK based?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yeah
is the guaranteed delivery period for Ebay 28 days?

What offers were made about delivery?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
standard delivery and i was told thru email that as soon as payment made item will be posted the following day.
Thanks,

Obviously 11 days is a long delay. You can always raise a dispute with Ebay. Normally they reclaim the funds immediately and return them to you if there is a finding in your favour.

There are ways for fraudsters to get around that but its certainly the safest course of action at this stage.

If that fails then you can always consider suing him. This is a lot of money but it is a small claims court sum so issuing would not be outrageously expensive.

You do really need to give him warning though. I realise that you may have previously had contact with him but thats not the same thing. You need to send him a letter before action giving him 14 days to deliver or refund from the date of the letter. Make clear that in default you will sue.

If he still doesn't respond then you can issue against him here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Its quite unlikely that it will come to that though.