12826847

hi seen a ww2 vehicle on ebay sent message to the seller via

hi seen a ww2 vehicle on ebay sent message to the seller via ebay next thing it go,s of site the seller gets back to me by text so i arrange to buy he said would go through paypal so i agree next thing i get invoice with wot i thought was paypal even went to a chat line to complete the buy go,s to bank sends the funds to wot wos supposed to be paypal the seller said i could get car first pay after checking it over funds went waited for car never turned up cant get hold of seller now tried ebay and paypal thay say it was a fraudster went to bank money gone checked with ebay and paypal thay not interested all the emails and texts i kept but now out of 7.720.00 seems i was ripped of with thanks d price
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wot can i do

If you paid outside Paypal and Ebay then they will not be interested I'm afraid and they are not liable. Come what may, you didn't use their services.
You do have a claim against the person in question. The question is whether you can identify him.
You can seek an injunction forcing Ebay to reveal the details they have for him but whether they will be accurate or not is another matter.
At this stage, with the information you have, its probably a good idea to report it to the police. They should investigate this as its just plain fraud. They will not recover the funds but at least if their investigation identifies him then you will ascertain who to sue.
The bank may have relevant information as well but they will not hand it over to you although they may to the police.