12826847

A neighbour parks his large transit type van adjacent to my

A neighbour parks his large transit type van adjacent to my gatepost ( drive ) 7 days a week and all weekend. When exiting my drive in my own car I cannot see approaching traffic because of the large blind spot created by this parked van. I have told him that it is causing a hazard but it only led to a row with his wife screaming at me that he will park his van where he likes. What are my rights ? and what can I do about it.
I presume that this is a local council maintained road?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes.

Just call the police next time he does it and ask them to consider issuing a fixed penalty ticket for causing an obstruction.
A person only has to obstruct the highway to commit that offence and it doesn't mean just physically obstructing. Blocking a view can offend as well.
It is fair to say that they will probably not attend on the first occasion that you call because they will be too busy having their scarce resources and taxpayer's money dissipated on stupid domestic squabbles but in the end they will investigate this.