Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I recently resigned from my job before the contract ends and

I recently resigned from my job before the contract ends and so my employer asked me to pay the bond. I was able i pay the amount into their account before I left and whenever I ask them for my pay for July, which they held until I paid, they have not given it to me yet. They said that the person who checks the account was not present at that time and when I called them again, they told me that it was not in the account yet. i told them that it has been more than a week that I have sent it and the owner said she will call her husband to check and get back to me. I have been waiting long. I just want to know what possible action I can take.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
This would be no different to any straightforward debt and money claim. If they do not pay you and your pay is overdue you can sue them in the county court - https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
I would only note that the danger of this is, if you need a reference from them first this is likely to sour the relationship.
What I would recommend you do first is send them a formal written demand for payment - and ask them to pay within 7 days. If they do not then you can use that letter as evidence in the county court that the money is over due and owing.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ