Matt Jones
Matt Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified and practising Solicitor with over 7 years post qualification experience
13732703

I have a shared party wall on my property - my neighbour is

Customer Question

I have a shared party wall on my property - my neighbour is have Tarmac pulled up and new drive put in - his builders have said that this will make the party wall unsafe -jackhammer - it's in a fairly good state of repair at the moment -not perfect but will not fall. My neighbour has asked me to share the cost of a new wall - this us a cost I was not expecting - have I got to bear the cost of 50% of this? Kind regards ***** *****

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did expect an answer to my query sooner than this - payment was take
Immediately! I will need a response no later than 5pm on Monday18-08 otherwise will request a refund
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 3 years ago.
Hi i will try and help
is this a brick wall or a wood fence type wall?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Brick
In that case it is likely to come under the governance of the Party wall act. Where a person wishes to do work, that will purely benefit him to the Party Wall they should bear the cost of the repair work. So no you shouldn't have to contribute. He should also serve you with a notice of the intention to do the work detailing what will happen and give you the chance to respond
can I help further?