13262538

social services are not keeping me up to date to the were a

social services are not keeping me up to date to the were a bouts of my daughter she is 16yr old. I have been told because she is 16 she can live were she likes, my dad told me she is living at her best friends house which is a concern. I no for a fact that her best friend drinks amongst other things but her mum has tried to commit suicide, and has a younger son with ADHD and another two children. I don't think this woman can cope with another teenager. I just want to know is there anything I can do about were she is living? Is there anything I can do about social services they keep saying they cant get in touch even when I have given a time when I am in and my home phone number? I no for a fact they keep ringing my broke mobile number because they have told me even though I have told them it's not working.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I can wait.

How are Social Services involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

over the Christmas period we had a fight and I hit her. on the 14th of January I believe she had a break down just before her maths exam, and was threatening to kill her self to her friends on her mobile on the 13th jan and continued to threaten when she went to school on the 14th. teachers got involved she told them what happened over Christmas and didn't want to come home so she stayed at my friends home till the 20th of jan. I saw her once on the 16th of January and she seemed ok was talking and wanted me to come over home with her, which I did not I just told her to get what she needed so she did. when she came back she seemed fine and was talking about her day and we talked for a couple of hours before she went to bed. I came over home to my 14yr old son which told me she said I deserve everything I get, and that she was going to get him taken into care, and to top it off he put his foot through the wall. the next day I get a phone call telling me she didn't want to see me or talk to me and I was to stay away from her so I did. her grandma came to see her and was talking to her laughing and joking with her till she went to live with her granddad, she wants nothing to do with her grandma because she did nothing that's what she has said.

On the Monday the 20th of January she went to live with her granddad she was there for about a month then tried to commit suicide. I was informed over the phone that it wasn't serious and that she would be out the next day. she was not out the next day she was in hospital for about three days bare in mind that I was told I had to stay away and I did. when my mum rang she was told I did not seen to care about my daughter because I did not cry down the phone. my daughter went back to her granddads and got my dad into trouble because he shouted at her for having the curtains closed and having the lights on in the day time and for not getting out of bed. my dad has told me that he has paper work saying that she has been abused since the age of seven. this will probably explain all the questions. the last time the social worker came to visit I was asked if there was any were else my daughter could go and stay, because her granddad couldn't cope any more. I said only her grandmas which lives away, I was told she did not want to move away from her friends and she doesn't speak to her grandma. we also talked about her going to live with her friend and I said no and gave the reason. then she said she would have to go into sheltered accommodation because of her age. the conversation got on to how I didn't seem to care and that I did not go and see my daughter when she was in hospital, so I repeated what she had said to me and then was told I did not say that, I said that your daughter did not want to see you so I told her were to go and that she did tell me I could not see my daughter. she apologised and didn't mean that but the damage has already been done now. she also said that my daughter was wanting to talk now but I don't I'm to angry after everything that has gone on. I do love my daughter I just don't want to be around her at the minute. I think the last time I spoke to the social worker was in May, my daughter moved in with her friend in July I only no this because my dad told me.

When is her birthday
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

12th September she will be 17

I am afraid that your daughter is old enough to choose where she lives and there is nothing that you can do about that choice.
However you are entitled to be kept up to date by Social Services and you should make a formal written complaint about the failure to do so
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.