12826847

we are working on an incinerator construction site. the aim

Customer Question

we are working on an incinerator construction site. the aim of this project is to produce energy from the waste (electricity).
my question is:
When will this building will be considered as a power plan for an insurance?
From construction stage or when it will be connected to the grid?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this

Alex Watts :

Of course you would need to check with the insurers but it would normally be when it is operational

Alex Watts :

Once constructed it will not necessarily work straight away.

Alex Watts :

There will be bugs etc.

Alex Watts :

But as soon as it has passed being operational which may be before it is connected to the grid, it is likely to be classed as a plant

Alex Watts :

Customer:

yes you can. you didn't answer to my question.

Alex Watts :

Can't you see it above?

Customer:

Alex, risk for an insurance are not the same if a power plan is operating or under construction. in a basic insurance contract: EL/PL you need to tick if you are working on a power plant. the final purposed of the project is a power plant. but when does it start to be a power plant for .. let say the local authority? i believe their is a difference. i believe their is a hand over between the builder and the owner and different insurances will have to be taken. sorry my english is too bad but my issue is major. Why should a builder buy an insurance covering work in power plant and nuclear plant when at the time they are working it is only a construction site.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi,

i would appreciate if you could continu to look for an answer.

thank you

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please clause the question.

thank you