LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Hi, Iam a working single mother with three children. I was

Customer Question

Iam a working single mother with three children. I was a tenant I moved out on 22 may 2014.Everything was Ok with my landlord.After I moved out my landlord claimed £1850 (the deposit was £1050) and she did not paid my deposit. she did not respond my e-mails to solve the matter but avoid to talk face to face.At the end we applied to TDS to solve the matter.TDS decided £130 for landlord and £920 for me.It is still not right but i dont think it is a good idea to go to court for £130.I have spent lots of time for the process and it was stressful.During the process I heard about Prescribed Information.During my 5 years tenancy she did not provide Prescribed Information.I asked for it when she did not pay my deposit by e-mail but she did not respond. can I go to court for this and how much I can I claim?And how can i apply?Is there a deadline?
Hale
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

If the landlord failed to serve you with the prescribed information then you can sue for an award of up to 3 times the level of your deposit. before implementation of the Localism Act in 2012 the award for a substantial breach was times the deposit now it is "up to" 3 times the level of the deposit. What information were you not given?

LondonlawyerJ :

I will be away from this site for some of this evening but will look again either this evening or tomorrow morning.

JACUSTOMER-s7l0vrgk- :

Hello,Except from contract nothing given to me

LondonlawyerJ :

Then you can pursue him if you wish to.

JACUSTOMER-s7l0vrgk- :

JACUSTOMER-s7l0vrgk- :

OK, but how ?Where ?Do i need mention about deposit dispute and its result? or Just write because she did not provide proscribe information? can you write a short letter sample based on the information I give to you?

JACUSTOMER-s7l0vrgk- :

Hello,I am still waiting your answers thanks Hale

JACUSTOMER-s7l0vrgk- :

Hi if you look at my questions is the only aswer I would get "then you pursue him if you wish to" Hale

LondonlawyerJ :

You can issue a claim in the small claims court. Follow this link to the government site on making a money claim. https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview. You have 6 years from the breach to start your action before it is statute barred.