75100385

I have a gas meter which was due for inspection earlier this

Customer Question

I have a gas meter which was due for inspection earlier this summer. I made one appointment, which I had to cancel at one week's notice, but made a second appointment, on the proviso that family circumstances might mean that I would have to change this appointment also. I cancelled the second appointment two days before it was due. The meter reader was very cross and threatening when I cancelled the second appointment, and said that 'they' would take out a warrant.
I was concerned, and contacted the British Gas enquiry centre, who just said that I should make an appointment when I could. A few days ago I received a notice saying that a warrant would be appied for at Stroud court, on the 18th Aug. I contacted the British Gas phoneline, and we agreed a meter reading and check on the 22nd Sept. I contacted the dept which had told me that there would be an application for a warrant, and was told that they could not withdraw an application for a warrant, and that there would be a meter check on the 19th Aug. Can I get the application for a warrant withdrawn? Thanks
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

British Gas can withdraw the application for a warrant, they can simply not apply for it

Alex Watts :

Therefore they are not being honest with you.

Alex Watts :

However if you are in any doubt you should go to the Court on that date and oppose any application for a warrant

Alex Watts :

The court will listen to what you have to say

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/