13262538

Hi Im Maz My Nans just died last month which i looked after

Hi Im Maz My Nans just died last month which i looked after and loved. my father is dead and Im the only direct blood line Im sure if my dad was alive he would be the aier. My nan had always said i would be left her house. iv just recived a letter from the solisitors saying im only being left £5000 and not the house. The will seems to be over 18 years old when my Granfather was still alive. I just dont understand why my nan had always said i was going to get her house. Would I have a claim or could I contest the will.
Who has inherited the house?
Were you in any way financially dependent on your grandmother?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Iv asked for a copy of the will iv been told it will take a few days to get it by post. Im not financially dependent on my Grandmother.

As soon as iv got the will can let you know whos got the house.

Marrilynn

That is fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Its Maz

This going to sound complicated. my father was killed on a motorcycle when he was 16, the girl he was giving a lift too lost her leg in the crash.

My grand parents did not know about me till i was 16 im 42 now my mother told them thier son was my father thay was a bit of a shock for them after 16 years. but they could see the family looks in me so we all started to get to know each other. my gramp died in 2005 and after that i got really close to my nan she had told me i would be looked after if she died I thought she meant I would get the house I was left £5000 in the will and just found out the girl who lost her leg on my dad bike will get the house. i would have thought even to be fair we would have got 50% each. would i have a case to contes the will because if my father was a life he would be next of kin. If i could contest it i would not want all the house be quite happy if we got hald each share the house is worth about 140K.

I look foward to your response.

Marrilynn

i am sorry but given that you were not financially dependent in any way - and assuming that she was mentally competent when the Will was made then there are no grounds on which you can challenge the Will
You can read more here
http://www.access-legal.co.uk/free-legal-guides/A-guide-to-contesting-a-will-5006.htm#.U-_lyYBdXkY
but sadly there is little chance of success base don what you have said
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

could you tell me how i can get a copy of my nans will please. Thank you for your help and great service.

Marrilynn

You will only be able to obtain a copy of the Will once Probate has been granted - the necessary form is here
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/pa001s-eng.pdf