75100385

Horsham District Council have approved a building

Customer Question

Horsham District Council have approved a building in the grounds of Arun Lodge, Denne Road, Horsham. A prosed driveway will exit in close proximity to the junction of Chesworh Lane and Denne Road. Having regard to limited sight lines at the junction and reduced braking distance for vehicles coupled with road width and inadequate pavements the accident potential risk will be considerable. Is here any way of appealing the decision or having it independently reviewed. Many thank. Eric XXXXXXXXX

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help you with this.
Alex Watts : You can seek a Judicial Review of the decision made by the Council. This is where a High Court judge will consider all the facts and see whether the decision made was a legal one and reasonable one.
Alex Watts : The judge will see what they did and did not take into consideration. A judge can agree with the decision or remit it back for Fuether consideration.
Alex Watts : You will need a solicitor to represent as there are certain court rules and procedures to follow.
Alex Watts : You are likely to have to pay a solicitor to represent you but if you win you can ask the judge for costs
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/