UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello, being entitled with а guaranteеd pension credit, I

Hello, being entitled with а guaranteеd pension credit, I would like to know how long I can stay abroad without to loose my benefits. Before it was 6 months per year, and what it is now. Because of healthy reasons may I stay 13 weeks abroad and coming back to go abroad for another 13 weeks in 1 year period? I have no clear answer to that question. Answer me please Yours Peter Radomirski
Is pension credit the only benefit you claim?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for answer me. I have the right for medical, dentist, transport and many other kinds of help. I have no problem with that. I red for some change since 14.04 2014 in guaranteed pension credit, where is written that one can stay abroad for 13 weeks. If stay more is likely to lose his benefits. When I depart for abroad I am to let them know, and when I arrive as well speaking with them by telephone. It is not explain whether such a stay is allowed for one calendar year. My question is how many weeks I can stay abroad per one calendar year? Is it the same like before - 6 month per a calendar year or not? On a tel.numb. *********** who belong to the pension service. I spoke with an gentlman who says that I can stay for 6 months per a cal.y., but after stay of maximum 13 weeks I am to go back from abroad , to call them for verification and then go again if I like, but for no more then 6 month per a cal. year. On the same tel. a lady said that I have the right for stay abroad only for 13 weeks(3months) per a calendar year. Would like to get the right answer. Help me, please. Thank you. Yours P. Radomirski

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes ,it is the only benefits. The tel. numb. of the pension service is *********** /p>

Thanks. I need to look this up and I have other commitments today. I can do it this evening if that's okay with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I am still waiting for your answer of my question. Thank you.

I am sorry. I did opt out of this question for others but clearly nobody picked it up.
I will see what I can find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, let me let you know what I will be happy to get from you. May you make direct question to pension credit where is published that change and if possible to get copy of that change. When I am able to read it I will be completely satisfied . And when you will get it I will get it as well from you . Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Relist: I still need help.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Relist: Other. I wrote clear question but got not clear answer. Nobody pick my question, am i to be happy with such an answer? Is it too difficult to get an answer where is post that change of DWP at April 2014, to read it. For what i am to pay you as you do nothing, i would be ashamed to get money in the way you do it. Please let me know know how i can interrupt my subscription from your service if you are not able to answer me in reasonable term(20 days) and you go on taking money for doing nothing. Then i will have to ask my lаwyer how to stop that fraud. Thank you.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

Hello Peter,

I have just seen your question and I see my colleague Jo C could not assist you and opted out.

You can receive pension credit for a maximum of 13 weeks if you go overseas temporarily and you do not intend. If you go overseas for medical treatment under the NHS, you will receive pension credit for as long as you are overseas, the 13 weeks cap does not apply in that case.

Please note that there is no definition of what temporary absence means and the DWP will consider all the circumstances, including your intentions and the purpose and lengths of your absences. So if you are out of the UK for 13 weeks and come back for a week and then go away for another 13 weeks and so on, DWP may think you are living abroad permanently and stop paying your pension credit.

You are required to notify DWP/Pensions Service whenever you go abroad, this includes going to Northern Ireland, Channel Islands or Isle of Man.

You can access the full guide booklet here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/297670/DWP027.pdf

Pages 5 and 6 of the guide booklet will be relevant in your case.

I hope this helps.

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Sir, Good job from you, not from Jo C. Of course I do not intend to go again and again and so on abroad. Do DWP does not mention period a calendar year? Is that link contain everything post from DWP at April 2014, and if no, may you sent me the full text. How DWP measure the time but in calendar year. Otherwise i had red many times recentley in the last few weeks what you sent me yesterday. It is available in internet. I wait for full text if available. You are worth of excellent mark and will get it, as soon as i get your answer if you can help me with the full text if available( i dont think dwp will satisfy everyone with few sentences in that link you sent me). I wait. Thank you.

Thank you for the excellent feedback.

I am afraid the DWP does not mention a set period in a calendar year, they have discretion over this and yes, the link contains all the changes made in April 2014.

All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I rate you excellent and thank you. I cancelled my subscription with thankfulness. Petar