UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

1. Are signed membership forms necessary (from an unincorporated

1. Are signed membership forms necessary (from an unincorporated associations point of view) to prove membership of a sports association.
2. What are the legal implications of not having proof of membership in the event of a claim against a sports instructor (in the event of a participant being injured) from that association? (Spurious claims for example?)
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your effort. I am happy to wait for an answer.

Thanks,

Gavin Rothwell

Hello Gavin,
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
I have just seen your questions which I would respond to as follows:
1. No, this is not an absolute requirement as the members may have agreed orally to form the association and become members of it, or membership may be determined by implication e.g. Actions of the members holding out themselves as members or officials of the association
2.if the sports instructor was a member of the association, he may be personally liable for any claim brought by the injured participant.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience