75100385

i AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH A MAN WHO LIVES ACROSS FROM MY FLAT

Customer Question

i AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH A MAN WHO LIVES ACROSS FROM MY FLAT WHICH I RENT OUT AND GET AN INCOME FROM,HE COMPLAINED ENDLESSLEY ABOUT THE TENANTS LEAVING TRAINERS AND BROLLIES OUT SIDE THE DOOR,AND WHEN I PAINTED THE DOOR,HE MOANED FOR 10XDAYS,I OWN MY FLAT OUT RIGHT AND NEVER CLUTTER THE LANDING,WITH STUFF,BUT SOMETIMES PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE THEEIR SHOES OF OR LEAVE A BROLLY,THE SAME HAPPEND WITH PARKING EVENTUALLY THEY JUST LEFT,NOW,BECAUSE OF A MIX UP,IN jUNE LAST YEAR,THEY TOLD ME NOT TO PAY ANY MORE SURCHARGES,AND THAT A NEW BILL WOULD COME OUT,THEY CHANGED ADDRESS,I WISH I HAD CONTINUED PAYING AS AN ARREAR HAS BUILT UP,SO I WROTE AND ASKED PLEASE COULD I PAY,250,00 A MONTH BACK IN JULY,THERE WAS NO REPLY,THE MANAGMENT COMPANY PHONED MY TENANTS THREATENING TO SEND A DEBTER AROUND,THEY WERE UPSET,I HAVE TRIED TO RESOLVE IT BY PAYING 250,PER MONTH OFF AND HOPEFULLY CAN CLEAT THE DEBT OF 1,300,SOON,THEY ARE STILL SENDING LETTERS,SAYING I MUST PAY MRE,THAT ON TOP OF NEW CHARGES,BUT THE WORST THING WAS,DISCUSSING IT AND BAD MOUTHING ME TO MY TENANTS,THIS MAN IS THE MANAGING DIRECTOR,OF THE MANAGEMENT COMPANY HE WONT STOP IT,WHAT CAN I DO?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you.

Alex Watts :

Have you complained to the Police or Council please?

JACUSTOMER-2vqhh5ly- :

I cant beleive you said this,i have already lodged compaints to the management company,now he is hounding me over a surcarge arrear,when i cant afford to pay the whole amount out right,i tried to negotiate,a breakdown payment monthly,he is going to send a debt agency around,i dont know what to do,but i am not spening 38,00 for a silly answer like this again,its a good way to get people spending money!for dumb answers,

JACUSTOMER-2vqhh5ly- :

this service is p[oor

Alex Watts :

That is not an answer. I need to know whether you have complained to the Police or Council please before i advise further.

JACUSTOMER-2vqhh5ly- :

Yes i have comlained to the management company,8xtimes explaing that to phone my tenants and demean me,threatening to send a debt agency around,and saying i go under ground,above all else is upsetting and derogatory

Alex Watts :

Do you kn ow why the management company wont do anything?

Alex Watts :

Have they said why they refuse?

JACUSTOMER-2vqhh5ly- :

No they just havent answerd my questions end of,

JACUSTOMER-2vqhh5ly- :

They seem to be very evasive,and i am trying to make an agreement to pay of the arrear,at 250,per month,temporarily,

Alex Watts :

Ok thank you for that.

Alex Watts :

You need to speak to the Council. If there is noise etc then you should speak with the Council as they have a legal obligation under the Environmental Protection Act

Alex Watts :

They will come out and investigate.

Alex Watts :

You could always take out an injunction from harassment. You can do this in the County corut.

Alex Watts :

You would need to complete forms N1

Alex Watts :

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

And N16a

Alex Watts :

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

The Court would then consider the matter and decide whether or not to make an order.

Alex Watts :

If the Court does make an order and the neighbour breaches it then he will be in contempt of Court.

Alex Watts :

You could seek a committal on that breach and if brought back before the Court the neighbour could be warned, fined or sent to jail.

Alex Watts :

However sadly you can't make the management company take any action

Alex Watts :

It is a matter for them whether they do or not - I accept this is not ideal and you would hope they intervene

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-2vqhh5ly- :

HDear Aex,thankyou for youre reply that was much more formative,better than i thought,regards wendy Hitchcox

Alex Watts : If this answers the question might I invite you to rate my answer today.
Alex Watts : If the system won't let you or you need more help please click reply