12826847

I am taking out a mortgage with my son who lives with me. the

Customer Question

I am taking out a mortgage with my son who lives with me. the mortgage is on the property I currently own in my name mortgage fee. I am unsure what % i should split the tenants in common ownership . I have a younger son of 15. as it stands at the moment my will states that they should inherit in equal shares but obviously that has to change in case i die before the mortgage is paid off!! should I retain 99% and my son the other 1% or transfer 49% to him and retain 51% . I want to make it as simple as possible and also make sure there are no tax implications for my elder son. the property value is £185000 and the mortgage is for £36000
May I ask what the mortgage monies will be used for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. some will be used for home improvements and some to pay off debts

How much extra will you borrow?