12826847

my car was impounded one day after ihave purchase for and outsandind

Customer Question

my car was impounded one day after ihave purchase for and outsandind parking ticket please tell me what too to
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo

I purchased a BMW X5 on the 01st July 2014 from a private person for the sum of £4,750.00 paid in cash and on the 02nd July 2014 the bailiffs have removed the vehicle from outside my house and taken it to a car pound. They wanted evidence of ownership which i could not produce at 6.30 am because all paperwork was in my office as i am a car dealer trading under the name Ace Car Sales. I have faxed the bill of purchase, the V5C documents my insurance policy and they are still refusing to return the car to me. I have applied for a new V5 document which clearly states that I am the new owner from the 1st July 2014 as the previous V5 was still under the old ownership. There was no way I could have proved an ownership in one day. I have spoken to Newlyns on several occasions and they are telling me now that they will sell my car to an auction to recover the cost of the parking ticket which had nothing to do with me. I have offered to pay the parking ticket of £900 and they still refusing to take payment from me and release the car. They told me that they will only accept payment from the previous registered keeper which i do not know. Please tell me what else i can do. Waiting for your urgent reply,. Thank you

Surely he is the person named in the log books?