12826847

I have been estranged from my mum for 2 years now, after having

Customer Question

I have been estranged from my mum for 2 years now, after having spent 12years as her carer during which time she mentally abused me, so I had to move from the home we shared. I put money into the home we went half with all the furniture and white goods. I have been told by my friend that sadly my mum is dying and only has a few months to live, I have been in touch with my mums social worker who told me that she was my mums next of kin. However iam my mums nearest next of kin, though I do have an older brother, so I guess he is. My mum has given the social services the power and authority to act of her behalf regarding her finances and health/wealthfare. I guess she has made them her lasting power of attorney, as I have to ring the social worker to find out any information regarding my mum. My question is do I or my brother have any say in my mums financial or welfare issues? Also is there anyway I can claim back any monies which I put into the council bungalow? As I do not want any money from mums will, as she already told me that me or my brother would not be given any money. I would just like to know where I stand on the legal side. Also could I contest the lasting power of attorney? As I do not agree with the social services having all this power. Could you please advise me on this matter. Thankyou. Dawn harris.
Is your mother still living at home?
What contact does your brother have with her?