12826847

My border terrier was bitten whilst out for a walk on a lead

Customer Question

My border terrier was bitten whilst out for a walk on a lead by a bull terrier type who was not on a lead and was unaccompanied. I shouted for help and the owner came out of her garden where it seems the gate had been left open. At first it seemed the injuries were minor and I treated with saline solution, however 4 days later the wound became infected and veterinary attention was needed, several visits following a bad reaction to 1 of the drugs prescribed, the bill came to £197. I spoke to the owner and she initially agreed to help with the bill and pay half. The other day I received a cheque for £60 saying that my delay in seeking veterinary attention and malpractice on my vets part made the bill greater and she was not responsible for anything more. Where do I stand. At the time of the attack I strained my left arm and am still experiencing aching from it and restricted movement.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have changed my mind