Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

can i get legal aid to contest a will I have already spent

can i get legal aid to contest a will I have already spent £4.ooo on solicitors fees they say to bring it to court would cost a fortune one of the benefissarys ? is an ex solicitor
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

continue search my status retired 72

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today.
From 1 April 2013 litigation funding had changed. Public funding (‘Legal Aid’) is no longer available to pursue contentious probate claims. In addition the Government has withdrawn the right to claim success fees on Conditional Fee (‘no win no fee’) agreements and legal expenses insurance premiums from losing parties. Legal aid is only available in very limited circumstances - usually where the claimant in an inheritance dispute is a child or where the case involves issues around the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
A leading firm which deals with this kind of case and can advise on the availability of legal aid is Wolferstans: www.wolferstans.com - it would be worthwhile giving them a call to see if they can offer any assistance. Otherwise you could try the Law Society www.lawsociety.org.uk.
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience: Partner in national law firm