How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi My ex and I are trying to sell our house that is also in

Customer Question

My ex and I are trying to sell our house that is also in his dead mothers name. His sister has put a block on the land register and we have just been issued a letter stating that 'she believes the trasfer was subject to influence ans/or the Charge against the property, for the benifit of the mortgagee, is unenforceable, the Charge should not be repaid and the sale proceeds should go entirely to the Estate- our clients ( the sister) position is that you and/ or Mr Copeman (the ex) should not recieve any of the sale proceeds as you do not own a share of the property'
What does this actually mean and what should I do next please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Morning. Will I be refunded if you cancel the question?

If not, then I'll await your answer.



Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Emma,
Yes, we can refund if required. Please confirm.
In the meantime we will continue to look for a Professional to assist.
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola

Please could you cancel the question and refund me.

Unfortunately this is a much bigger problem than we originally thought and I feel we will struggle to get an answer.

Many thanks for looking onto it.


Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I would be happy to try and help give you some guidelines in this - and some ideas regarding the next steps if you would like.
If so I would need to know how the property came to be in joint names
And please do not worry - just because her solicitor says things does not mean things are as bad as is being suggested
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare.

Thank you but I have had to get my own solicitor now.

I did ask Nicola to cancel this question and refund me.

Thank you again


What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions