29905560

Hello, My husbands contract got terminater earlier this year

My husband's contract got terminater earlier this year due to the fact that he didn't get on in employer's eyes with the team which is not truth. He worked on private estate as a gardener/river keeper. He worked there for 2 years, I think he was fired as he was asking for courses and live in position( all workers except of him were live in) Is there any chance he/we can sue the employer? Longer story is that the employer was at the property not even once a month so she/he possibly didn't get full picture. I believe it's because my husband was quite demanding asking for live in position plus doing soime courses like chainsaw certificate etc. He does have job now but I think it was unfair giving the reason he was given. He got excellent references, they just didn't want him there/ It really efected our marriage in a bad way. We argued a lot and I'm still waking up at night and I'm still not fine with this all.
Please advise us,
Many thanks,
MOnika
Please advise
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you please give me the exact days when he started working for them and when his employment terminated?

Customer:

He started working in April 2012 and got fired in end of March/ begining of April

Customer:

??

Ben Jones :

Do you have the exact dates please

Customer:

no sorry

Customer:

he started working on 16th April but exact date when got fired I don't remember

Ben Jones :

ok unfortunately you will be too late to do anything about this. The only claim he could have made would have been for unfair dismissal and only if he actually had more than 2 years service at the time of dismissal. It could be that he did not actually have the required length of service at the time of dismissal so that could be one issue. Also, there is a strict time limit on making a claim and that is within 3 months to the date from the date of dismissal. So if he was dismissed at the beginning of April any claim must have been made by the beginning of July at the latest. As we are now towards the end of August, you would be out of time to make the claim unfortunately because the time limits are very strict and you are more than a month late

Customer:

is there nothing that can be done now?

Ben Jones :

No, this is the only claim he could have made but he has missed the deadline to claim I'm afraid. Also he may not have been able to claim anyway if he did not have the minimum of 2 years' service at the time of dismissal - until someone has at least 2 years service they can be dismissed legally for more or less any reason with a few exceptions, none of which apply here

Customer:

right.ok thank you than

Ben Jones :

you are welcome