13262538

I gave my son up for adoption in 1960 and have now asked the

I gave my son up for adoption in 1960 and have now asked the adoption agency to allow me to see his file pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act but they say they do not do this. Do I have any legal rights to make them give me the file?
Robin Silvolli
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that you do NOt have the right to view the file under the Freedom of Information Act - Adoption records are partially exempt - the only person who has the right to see them is the child himself
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.