LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Bought an apartment in the UK off plan 7 years ago that was

Bought an apartment in the UK off plan 7 years ago that was marketed as the last word in luxury. They are finally completing the landscaping. There is nothing luxurious about the apartment at all! Can the developers or estate agents be sued for misrepresentation?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience I will try to help you with this. You may well be able to sue if what has been delivered is quite different to what was described in the publicity material, by the estate agents, and in particular in the contract for sale of the property. What was promised but not delivered?

LondonlawyerJ :

I will be on and off this site today around work commitments but will look again later today.

Customer:

Hi......In the marketing brochure the apartments were described as 'The last word in luxury'. They are just not. Everything has been done on the cheap. I do not think any reasonable person would describe the development as being 'Luxury'. I have a copy if the brochure and will have to look up the contract

Customer: