UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

looking for help please. my partner owns a property, and her

looking for help please. my partner owns a property, and her x husband moved back in without her knowing, but he has his name still on the deeds to the property. whilst this has happened, we had personal belongngs, locked away in a garage on the property, and a break in has happened. who is responsible, for any loss of belongings? also, do we claim on our insurance for any loss, or is this down to his insurance. your help will be much appreciated
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
I am afraid he would not be responsible as such for the theft of your belongings and you should make a claim against your insurers.
Unless you are able to show evidence that he was the cause of the theft.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

surely the theft if any were on his property, so therefore his insurance would have to cover this? as our insurance is on the property were we live now. also, wouldn't they question our claim, as the lost or stolen belongings were in his care as I see it?