12826847

My son threw a stone over into next doors garden and it broke

My son threw a stone over into next door's garden and it broke a glass top table which they claim will cost £650 to replace.I have admitted liability but ask what are my options.Could they cliam on their insurance and I pay the excess or some other solution and can i insist on proof of the table's value or indeed claim on my household policy ? Thanks
Will your household insurance cover this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am asking this question on behalf of my son and it,s my grandson who caused the damage.So i do not know whether my son's insurance covers it.Therefore can you assume it does not for the moment.Thanks

Its fairly bad news I'm afraid.
Of course, they could do that. However, you do not have the right to demand that they do. They are perfectly entitled to claim the full amount from you as he did throw the stone.
To be wholly honest, you are not much improved even if they do because the insurance company will only claim from you anyway.
I'm very sorry if this is bad news.