Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years

i am a disabled man living at my seperated wifes house,

Customer Question

i am a disabled gay man living at my seperated wifes house, do i qualify for a single persons pension
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 years ago.

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

I believe you are from UK.

Please note that there are different rates that are applicable for the State's Pension and it grossly depends on your income as well.

Having said this, for the year 2014-2015, as per the table, the maximum that you can qualify as a Single Person for is GBP 113.10 Per Week. Kindly refer the following link:

So far a qualifying for the Pension goes, you have to apply for it. You do not become automatically entitled to receive it. Also note that this would also depend upon your number of years that you have contributed to NIC. Please refer the following link.

Having said this, you can calculate and see for yourself how much pension you are exactly eligible for. Please refer the following link.

Please note that you would be able to claim your pension online. Please see the following link which would help you proceed step by step.

I am sure this would help you.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,