13262538

My grandmother who is of sound mind signed her house and land

My grandmother who is of sound mind signed her house and land to her second daughter (my mother) in 1992. She had done this because she had got remarried and moved several hundred mile away and wanted it to stay in the family. She then signed another form to transfer the house only. Her first daughter then argued that nothing was left to her and so in 1998 some of the land was transferred back into her name to sign over to the first daughter which she done.
Now, however, neither daughter has spoken to her for several years and she is just divorced with no financial income or nothing. She wants to get her property back as she is now wanting to go back to her home place to live.
Is there any possibility of changing the deeds to get the property back into her name and how could she go about this. It is all in Northern Ireland.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I am willing to wait for a reply. Thank you
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
At the time of the Transfers was it made clear that she wished to return at some point if necessary?
Why has there been no financial settlement within her divorce?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare
I am unclear whether she stated that she wished to return in the future as I believe this marriage was for the remainder of her life.
As for the divorce, he now ex husband had signed everything he owned over to his grandsons a very short time before the marriage without my grans knowledge, therefore leaving him with only the pension to live on.
I am sorry but it is highly unlikely that your grandmother will be able to reverse the gifts that she made more than twenty years ago unless she has clear evidence that the gift was always conditional
Her only option is to appeal to the good will of her daughters - she has no legal right to frce them to do anything I am afraid.
I am sorry bot to give better news.
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.