12826847

Is it right that a POA was allowed to buy a house with my grans

Customer Question

Is it right that a POA was allowed to buy a house with my gran's brother who is now deceased a year before he died. POA paid around £30K towards cost. Deceased paid other 80% of cost of house. POA lives in house with her boyfriend. Deceased was in his 80's at the time. POA also wants half of estate and her legal bills paid by deceased's sister. Deceased left his whole estate to his sister. Also deceased's solicitor knew about POA arrangement and also dealt with house purchase. Same solicitor now also acts on my grans behalf. Surely this whole thing stinks!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, would you mind just cancelling the question as I needed a response urgently. I will look elsewhere.

Amanda

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you if you would like me to?
If so could you confirm exactly what happened when the house was purchased?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I no longer need an answer as case has settled out of court.

Good news!