Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Can I get an education certificate signed by a notary on my

Can I get an education certificate signed by a notary on my sons behalf in order to get it sent for attesting. He's gone back to Dubai and needs this one doing.
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today.
Are you simply needing a copy certified as a true copy of the original?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have the original certiicates and just need it stamped and signed to send off to the legislation dept
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
I don't think you need a notary public for this. Notaries usually deal with paperwork for transactions which are to be conducted abroad.
A solicitors certification should be sufficient for your purposes. However, all offices are closed today and you will have to go to an office tomorrow morning. The fee for certifying is usually around £7. You can then send it to FCO for the next step of the legalisation process: https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised