12826847

to get car insurance is it law thay have to see your driving

to get car insurance is it law thay have to see your driving licences to get insurance
No. Not by law.
However, they are perfectly free to demand site of your driving licence and it is, in fact, in your interests. If a person were driving unlicenced then they would be uninsured even if they had paid for insurance as the fact of driving unlawfully would invalidate any policy.
Its perfectly legitimate for them to want to sight of a driving licence I'm afraid. They can, in fact, demand site of any document that they choose as nobody can force them to contract with anybody.
They will usually want proof of anything that will affect the claim - no claims bonus etc.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do they have to cheque with d v l a first

No.
They are perfectly free to take the money from anybody who approaches them and offer them insurance and then disallow claims if people turn out to be unlicensed.
They will not do that by convention basically because they are acting ethically and trying to stop people being in that position.