12826847

I want to travel. Is it illegal to use another persons fixed

I want to travel. Is it illegal to use another persons fixed address as my own ? Please.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I live in rented accommodation, I want to buy a motorhome, spend a year travelling, so no fixed abode a friend has offered to let me use his address for post etc and to keep my bank account etc. I rand DVLC, they said "fine" as they used the excuse many people live on a narrow boat, and use another address.
You can use this as a care of address as long as you are honest with everybody about it. There is no wrong doing in that.
The only problem with this is that the DVLA and your insurance company will want to know where the car is regularly kept. You are under a duty to advise them. If you are travelling though and when you do return your motorhome will be kept at the address in question then that will be absolutely fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
DVLA categorically stated no such requirement, they did not have to know where the vehicle is kept, and they will print any address requested. They went further to state, if their systems threw out an application, the worst case scenario would be that they would write to me asking for confirmation. If I responded with "yes" - they would proceed.
I am very sorry but I will not be able to tell you that the DVLA do not have a requirement to know where the vehicle is regularly kept.
There is specific offence in not updating them which is regularly prosecuted.