12826847

Is this a scammer? Patrick Barrett *****@******.***

Is this a scammer?
Patrick Barrett *****@******.***
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I met Patrick on FB in November 2013. He went to Nigeria, he asked for money in Feb 2014, I told him very little money cos working, but helped him for a while. I told him in May that I could not help anymore.
He is still writing to me, every day 3 or 4 times a day, he said now he will be able to leave NGA as money has come from his country USA. So by October he will b seeing me.
The money I sent was around 1600 gbp at 100 pw, I even told him once he would not be a good scammer as usually they choose girls with more money!
So I don't know what to think, even though I have not sent any money he is the same as he was when I sent! But I still have a few doubts!!!
Are you asking me to investigate this?
I can tell you how it appears to me but obviously I will not know for certain anything about this person.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He lives in Ky Louisville, his address is 6712 Crossways Place, 40241. He is 53. Two kids, a girl 20 a boy 17, divorced.
Ok. Thanks.
So are you asking me to investigate this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please tell me!
Sorry?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please tell me how it appears to you.
All I can tell you is that it has all of the hallmarks of a scam.
Whether you call this a scam or a bad debt is a matter for you I suppose but either way he has no right to keep asking you for money without any prospect of repaying at.
This is a large sum of money for anyone and, for somebody in your position, a significant one.
If he is going to see you in October then whether or not you send him money shouldn't make any difference to that.
I wouldn't send in any more at all.