12826847

My husbands mom has just died - there are a couple of ins policies

My husbands mom has just died - there are a couple of ins policies which will cover the funeral. but.......... it appears that her cards for her accounts (I have no idea how much is in each of them) have disappeared and two of my husbands siblings are thought to be the culprits. the other 2 siblings (my husband and his brother) are concerned that the other two or one of the other two at least will have taken all/some funds from the account.
where do we stand please on this - I believe my husbands brother is going to go to the bank/s and tell them that the cards have been stolen and ask they be stopped which is as much as he can do at this point until the death certificate is issued, which will be a while yet as an autopsy has to be carried out? I was under the impression that the eldest would be the initial beneficiary anyway of any monies but have since been informed that all siblings would benefit equally - which is correct ??- there is no will by the way - Thank you..
Frances
If she had not written a will, and has no husband, then her children inherit her estate after funeral expenses.
The bank will pay the funeral directly on production of the undertakers invoice and copy of the death certificate.
If you believe that the cards have been stolen, you should report that to the police also and give the credit card/bank the incident number.