75100385

hi i want to sue my university and i would like to know if

hi i want to sue my university and i would like to know if i will win the case and here are the facts ... i went to the university of East london in 2010 did my first year but i didn't pass some of my course and could take some due to me being sick and i had to reseat them summer time which will be after my second year first semester exams and when i paid part of my fees for my second year first semester weeks later close to when i was suppose to take my exams my bank account was shut down for no reason and i was due to pay the rest of my fees, went to the university to explain my circumstance to them requesting they give me more time as my parents had some difficulty sending the money to them and while this was happening they shut my student account down including my athens account where all the cases needed for me to pass my exams was in it and those are the materials required by my university so i then tried using external material but i wasn't passed due to it wasn't the material required so i tried to sort it out due to my circumstance being an exceptional one as my course leader knew about all that was happening to me and as that was happening my parents then paid my remaining balance of my second year fees before my second semester started and yet my student account wasn't activated but i was still enrolled and i went to my law school to know what happened but they sent me to finance department and when i went there they sent me back to the law and this kept on for days, i was attending lectures and gathering the materials i could gather, i finally was able to meet with my assessment department who contacted my law department asking them to activate my account they never did up till the day of my second semester exam i couldn't write it because i wasn't still granted access and i kept chasing up what exactly was going on and then the finance department finally told me in 2012 when i was suppose to be in my third year that i have been taken off my course of study and i tried to know why and i was never told went to the student union department and they tried to help me but the president was fired for intervening my case and i tried using a lawyer and they never responded to the lawyer neither did they give me m transcript to move to a different university and it felt like everything was done on purpose knowing that my student visa was about to expire they refused sorting my case or responding to my emails instead all i kept hearing was go back to your country and that was it and i tried reaching my vise chancellor on several occasion and i was refused, contacted all senior departments in uel and they finally forwarded me to a lawyer in 2013 and he said to me i have been taken off my course of study for failing a year one course which i attempted 4 times which included my reseat and if i try taking this case to the court i should have in mind due to my visa being expired i wont win the case in no way .
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help with this.

Alex Watts :

What is the sum that was outstanding please?

Customer:

my fee for the year is 10999

Customer:

pounds as an international student

Customer:

hello alex are you there

Customer:

so i already paid 4thousand 600 humdred pounds when i started my first semester second year and i paid the rest before my second year second semester

Customer:

started

Customer:

but my university block my acess to my student account and athens account and without me having acess to those accounts i wont be able to pass my exams

Customer:

because all materials required are in that account

Alex Watts : So how much do you want to claim
Customer:

can i claim up to 500 thousands pounds for damages

Customer:

because i'm yet to be back to my life since november 2011

Customer:

till date

Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Customer:

i'm still trying to get my visa sorted because no school wants to take a student with no visa

Alex Watts : If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

ok

Customer:

i want my full tution fees to be paid and i want the university to pay for damages they have caused me

Customer:

i mean fees to be refunded

Customer:

i need to know if i have a case

Customer:

or i will win it

Customer:

if i decide to sue my university

Customer:

or do you know any lawyer who will represent me so i can win this case

Alex Watts : You seem to have a case. Sadly I can't recommend a lawyer, it is against site rules.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything?
Customer:

i need your sincere opinion

Customer:

will i win the case

Alex Watts : Will you win - no lawyer will tell you yes or no. Litigation is never certain. What you may be successful on with one judge, you could be unsuccessful with another.
Alex Watts : i think you have a 60% chance
Customer:

ok thanks

Alex Watts : Does this answer the question for you today?
Alex Watts : If so could you please be kind enough to rate my answer. If you need more help please click reply
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience