12826847

My partners 15 year old son who is bigger than me is constantly

Customer Question

My partners 15 year old son who is bigger than me is constantly violent abusive towards me last Saturday night he started shouting at me again and pushed a glass of wine out my hand and cut all my hand and stomach. He then went to punch me but my partner ( his father) managed to stop him.After I'd got changed out of the clothes that had blood on them, he then got the clothes and tried to flush them down the toilet. This is the 2nd time it has happened and I have moved out of the home as I don't feel safe there. Can I prosecute?
Have you reported this incident to the police please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm planning to but I don't know if it will do any good

If you are prepared to make a report about a child in your care then the police will be under an obligation to investigate.
Its probably an ABH although they may caution him for a common assault unless he has lots of previous convictions.
Its really a matter for you. Obviously his behaviour is unacceptable and it warrants a sanction but I can well understand why you would not want to get the police involved in this as its not really the way that families resolve their disputes.
If you do make a report then the police will consider and investigate and you will lose control over it though.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What do you mean by lose control over it?

They will summons you if you try to withdraw.