75100385

I have applied to have the curb lowered cost is £965 but the

I have applied to have the curb lowered cost is £965 but the council request £4000 to move the free parking sign which is outside where I applied for the curb to be lowered the free parking sign will be moved 3 metres from where the curb will be lowered which will enable me to drive and park off the road . if I do not get the curb lowered and I park in my back garden I get blocked in and unable to drive to work which would cost me £20 by taxi or 3-4 buses as I start work 07.30 am
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this,
Alex Watts : Have you complained to the council please?
Customer:

I am waiting for an appointment I just want to know if the council is correct in charging £4000 compared to £965 for lowering a curb? what would be the reason considering there are no pavement slabs to be moved

Customer:

I cannot rate your reply as I have had no adequate answer to the question asked

Customer:

for get that I asked your advise I will cut my losses and leave the site thanks for trying not very satisfied. I,m afraid I wasted my time I have toi go to work tomorrow and cannot stay all night to get your expert reply goodbye

Alex Watts :

You need to ask for a Council's policy on such matters.

Alex Watts :

If they do not have one then they can not charge you £4000. This seems an awful lot.

Alex Watts :

You should ask for a policy and also complain to the Chief Officers department of the Council. That office investigates complaints and will do so in this case.

Alex Watts :

They will respond accordingly. If you are not satisfied with their response then you can complain to the Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service. Their website is: www.lgo.org.uk

Alex Watts :