13262538

Private client question I have been with my partner for

Private client question
I have been with my partner for 20 years and he has left his entire estate to me in his will. Does his estate include his private pension, or as we are not married does he need to put them into trust. Thank you for your assistance.
Miranda
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
That will depend on the actual rules of his specific Pension Plan - they are all different.
Some will automatically pass into the Estate - in which case all will be well; others can be paid out at the discretion of the Trustees - and in those cases it is always best for there to be a nomination by the Pension Holder - although technically even that could be ignored if the Trustees believe there is another more worthy recipient.
A simple call to the Pension Provider shoudl give him the information that he needs.
Please ask fi you need further details