75100385

I booked holiday yesterday which was meant to be a cheap getaway,

I booked holiday yesterday which was meant to be a cheap getaway, on booking it I was interested in an early flight and no baggage for two of us. At first only a 5pm flight was available and it would £50 more each to get on a 6am flight and I was enquiring more about it then the travel agent said a cancellation had occurred and he said he could give me two seats on the early plane with baggage for £30 more each so I agreed to this and waited for him to call me back. It was someone else from the company when they called back saying there was only one seat left on the earlier flight and they were sorry but could book the later one and included baggage in the price saying it was already done, I said the price had already gone much higher than I expected and he knocked £20 off the baggage and I think that was now £80 for the two of us. I felt like I was coerced into a few add ons over the phone and my partner is furious I got done over in this way as I was easily pushed into accepting their price with add one I stated I didn't want in the first place. I'm going to ring their customer services today and find out if I can altogether cancel it now. Is there anything else I could do? Thanks.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.