75100385

I recently carried out a contract for a company involving a

I recently carried out a contract for a company involving a complex sub contract chain. Only a draft contract was received prior to me concluding an ongoing long term contract, my choice I accept. However on mobilisation the job described and work scope did not exist, they are now claiming that they are unable to pay for the time I did on their behalf, they have my invoices, but claim that client has not paid and as such they cannot afford to make a payment.
To carry out this work for a former colleague I terminated an existing contract worth some 100k and as yet have earned nothing. Though the contract was never signed the intent was clear as was the described scope. Do I have any recourse.
Sub sub contract My company
Sub contract Epilog, Dubai
Sub contract Anatolia logistics Turkey
Contractor Saga italia who are now threatening legal action if I continue to pursue this through the client
Client Saipem
Client Southstream pipeline company
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Just so that I am clear, your own contract was with Epilog in Dubai?

Customer: Correct It was a complex contract chain.
Alex Watts :

Ok - did the contract give you any rights against the client please?

Customer: None
Alex Watts :

Ok - its bad news then I am afraid.

Alex Watts :

You only have contractual rights against the sub contractor in Dubai

Alex Watts :

You can chase the client but that makes no difference.

Alex Watts :

You have no rights against them only the sub contractor client

Alex Watts :

Therefore if you did pursue this and issue legal proceedings it could only be against Epilog in Dubai and no one else.

Customer: oh that's very bad news indeed. But thanks saves me chasing ghosts
Alex Watts :

It is like if you purchase a Sony TV from Argos and it is faulty, your claim is against Argos and not Sony

Alex Watts :

I am sorry that this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you please?

Customer: Alex no thanks just wanted some clarity
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/